Our family support program ensures services are available to support the well being and nurturing of children and families, especially those who are vulnerable and disadvantaged.
The programs help enable families to manage life’s transitions, ensure children are protected and contribute to building stronger, more resilient communities.
Home visiting or centre based – Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm (children aged 0-13 years)
Parenting, family abuse issues, counseling, housing needs, advocacy with professional or government services and group work.
Triple P Parenting Courses
Supporting parents, Triple P is an approach to parenting that focuses on the positive and uses simple strategies to encourage the behaviours you like in your children. Seminars, group work and individual programs are available.
South Kempsey Playtime
- Wednesdays, 10am-12.30pm at South Kempsey Family Centre, cnr Yarravel and Queen Streets
- Offers a culturally appropriate facilitated playgroup for parents and children 0-5 years
- Share a social, playful and craft focused environment
- Guests speakers from various Community Services speaking on a wide range of topics around parenting issues.
Tot Spot on Verge
- Tuesdays, 10-30am – 1.30pm at 21 Verge Street, Kempsey
- Young mums age 14-25 and their children
- Share parenting ideas and have fun
- Learn to cook nutritious foods
- Guest speakers provide information
- Morning tea and lunch provided
- Come and enjoy a morning of play and friendship
Youth Support Worker
- Support for vulnerable young people 12-17 years, their parents and families
- Assist clients in dealing with life situations
- Provide opportunities which increase self-esteem and develop communication
- Advocacy on behalf of clients rights and entitlements
- Skill 2 Chill group work
Staying Home Leaving Violence
Choose to stay & send violence away
- Safety Audits and security upgrades
- Long-term case management
- Advocacy, support and referral
- Ph: 6562 2272, Mon-Fri, 9am-4.30pm
Contact Kempsey Families Inc.
21 Verge St, Kempsey
p: 02 6563 1588